Monday, November 5, 2012

Celexa

Antidepressants may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts or actions in children, teenagers, and young adults. However, depression and certain other mental problems may also increase the risk of suicide. Talk with the patient's doctor to be sure that the benefits of using Celexa outweigh the risks. Families and caregivers must closely watch patients who take Celexa. It is important to keep in close contact with the patient's doctor. Tell the doctor right away if the patient has symptoms like worsened depression, suicidal thoughts, or changes in behavior. Discuss any questions with the patient's doctor. Celexa is used for treating depression. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. Celexa is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). It works by restoring the balance of serotonin, a natural substance in the brain, which helps to improve certain mood problems. I responded after one week. The side effects (lethargy, some bowel problems) are the only reason i didnt rate this medicine a 10. After 44 years of excessive anxiety and depression I finally feel like I can be "myself" instead enslaved to unreasonable thoughts and frustrations. Ironically, I avoided these types of meds for years, instead "self medicating" with alcohol and cynicism. Had I switched to this years ago maybe I would still be married to a wonderful woman I was having a tough time with some bad calls. No sleep, always feeling like I'm in trouble, like I'm drowning and no one can help me. My doctor put me on Celexa and life came back. I worry about the things I need to be worried about and don't stress about the things that shouldn't stress me. I feel "normal" again. I believe it saved my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment