Monday, November 5, 2012

Do NOT use Celexa if:

you are allergic to any ingredient in Celexa or to escitalopram
you have a certain type of irregular heartbeat (long QT syndrome), slow heartbeat, severe heart failure, a recent heart attack, or uncorrected low blood potassium or magnesium levels, unless your doctor tells you otherwise
you are taking escitalopram
you are taking or have taken linezolid, a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (eg, phenelzine, selegiline), or St. John's wort within the last 14 days
you are taking certain antiarrhythmics (eg, quinidine, procainamide, amiodarone, sotalol), certain antibiotics (eg, gatifloxacin, moxifloxacin), a fenfluramine derivative (eg, dexfenfluramine), levomethadyl, methadone, nefazodone, pentamidine, phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine, thioridazine), pimozide, serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) (eg, duloxetine, venlafaxine), sibutramine, other SSRIs (eg, fluoxetine, paroxetine), or tryptophan

 I began taking Celexa 10 mg tablet 3 years ago - one every evening. I find that it helps a lot with low moods and mood swings especially around the time of my period. I've always had mood swings but didn't quite understand why I felt so bad on some days and felt pretty good other days. This pill helps to regulate my moods so that I'm feeling good most of the time!
I have taken Celexa (started at 40 mg now at 20 mg) since I was 18 and have learned that it has been very beneficial in helping me maintain a positive mood. Along with a healthy diet and exercise I know that Celexa will probably be a part of my life forever. The only side effects I experience are frequent yawning and occasional sleepiness. Sleepiness is less of an issue if I take the medication at the same time of day consistently (late afternoon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment